Are you tired of your bank charging you a monthly fee, overdraft fee, and an ATM surcharge?
Then do something about it!
Say goodbye to the brick and mortar banks.
Check out Capital One (formerly ING Direct), one of most well known and trusted online banks.
- No monthly fees
- No overdraft charges - instead, they just charge you interest if overdrawn. For example, if you’ve overdrawn $100 for 10 days, it’s only a 31 cent charge! The interest rate can change but still, that’s a lot cheaper than what a physical bank will charge – $30!
- No minimum balances - but keep in mind that if you balance goes below zero, you’ll be charged interest for each day.
- No ATM fees - if you use their network of ATMS
So, since this is an online bank, how do you deposit a check? There are 2 ways.
- Take a photo of your check on your phone, with the mobile app.
- Upload an image of the check from any computer.
You can even set up direct deposit.
How to Withdraw Money
- Use any one of their network of 35,000 ATMs
- Transfer money to another account
- Use your debit card to make purchases or get cash back at from merchants who allow it as part of a PIN-based purchase (like grocery stores, Costco, etc)
- Make a payment using their bill pay program.
Who is eligible for a Capital One Checking Account?
You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident with a valid Social Security number and be at least 18 years old. You can only have one Checking Account at a time.
- Go here and click on ‘Apply Now.’
- Open an account and make a total of 3 Card purchases or Person2Person Payments (or any combo of the two) within 45 days of account opening.
- Your $50 bonus will automatically be deposited into your account on day 50.