I’ve been pining for a Kindle Fire for awhile.
After all, I’m a big fan of Amazon.
I have over 100 free Kindle ebooks and some Amazon MP3s.
I’m also an Amazon Prime member, affiliate, and I have their credit card.
I don’t have an iPad or other tablet so I’ve been reading my ebooks on the computer or on my phone (squinting).
Then I found out that someone I knew was selling their barely used Kindle Fire. It was such a good deal that I got it.
I have the 7″ Kindle Fire without the special offers.
Holy cow! I love it!
Here are my top 10 reasons why:
- The screen is beautiful! It’s super sharp and perfect for watching videos on Amazon Prime Instant Video, Netflix, or YouTube.
- It’s the perfect size. At 7 inches, it’s a great size to lug around and to read ebooks.
- I can read my ebooks faster and more conveniently, on the couch or in bed, without having to turn on my computer. There are features where I can bookmark, tap to the next page, and view how much of the book I’ve read.
- I can listen to all the free Amazon MP3s I’ve downloaded, again without turning on my computer or using the app on my phone (which is slow).
- I can borrow a book for free once a month from the Kindle Owners Lending Library. This is probably the biggest reason I wanted a Kindle. And I read a lot.
- Images look better. This may sound crazy, but the images on Facebook are clearer on the Kindle than on my computer.
- Kindle Free Time – there’s a feature where you can set daily limits for your child to use the Kindle Fire. And you can select the apps, books, shows, etc that they can access.
- Amazon Cloud – with the cloud storage, I can access all my new ebooks or music instantly.
- When Wifi isn’t available – If I’m in a place with no Wifi, I can still access the ebooks, music, TV shows, or movies I’ve downloaded onto the device. Awesome!
- It satisfies my need for an iPad or iPad mini. If I upgraded to the Kindle Fire HD, I’d have a camera too.