When I was at the Ling Ling event at Parties That Cook, we made this super delicious crispy kale salad.
I mean it was TO DIE FOR! Everyone said it was their favorite side dish.
It does have several steps but trust me, it’s so worth it to make this kale salad. The crunch of the crispy kale with toasted almonds, the sweetness of the raisins, combined with the savory flavor of the mushrooms make this a party for your mouth!
It’s the perfect fancy dish to bring to a potluck. And it’s healthy too!
Half of the kale is raw while the other half is cooked to give it a mix of different textures. You’re gonna love this and I bet you won’t be able to stop eating it!
And it’s a great way to get your kids to eat kale.
Crispy Kale Salad with Shiitake Mushrooms, Raisins, and Almonds
- 1 lb shiitake mushrooms stemmed and quartered
- 2 tap kosher salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup almonds toasted and chopped
- ¾ cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp white miso
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 bunches Tuscan kale stemmed and cut into 1” pieces, divided
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
Prep salad toppings
- Sauté the Mushrooms
- Toast almonds in pre-heated 350°F oven for 4-5 minutes. Cool and chop.
- Heat a sauté pan with the olive oil. Add the mushrooms, sprinkle with salt and cook until tender, and set aside with the almonds and raisins.
Make the vinaigrette
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, white miso and sesame oil.
Make the salad
- Preheat oven to 400°F oven. Toss half the kale in a large mixing bowl, toss with olive oil. Spread kale in an even layer across two sheet pans. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake kale in oven for 10-15 minutes or until crispy. Remove from oven. Cool 5 minutes before adding to salad.
Assemble the salad
- In a mixing bowl, add the remaining raw kale and mushrooms, toss with ¾ of the vinaigrette, salt and pepper. Add ½ the raisins, almonds and fried kale. Toss and put on a platter. Garnish with remaining kale, raisins and almonds, drizzle with the leftover vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
This recipe was provide by Parties That Cook.