I came across this book, Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker, and was blown away. It illustrates the differences of thinking of rich people vs. the not-so-rich.
These are generalizations because this doesn’t represent all lower income people. But still, it’s interesting to see how the mindsets are completely opposite.
If we replace the rich people phrase with Donald Trump, we can see how these statements reflect on him. After wavering through 4 corporate bankruptcies, he emerged richer than before.
There is something about having a positive, creative mindset. These are some of the principles from the book.
1. Rich people believe “I create my life.” Poor people believe, “Life happens to me.”
2. Rich people think big. Poor people think small.
3. Rich people focus on opportunities. Poor people focus on obstacles.
4. Rich people admire other rich and successful people. Poor people resent rich and successful people.
5. Rich people choose to get paid based on results. Poor people choose to get paid based on time.
6. Rich people focus on their net worth. Poor people focus on their working income.
7. Rich people manage their money well. Poor people mismanage their money well.
8. Rich people have their money work hard for them. Poor people work hard for their money.
9. Rich people act in spite of fear. Poor people let fear stop them.
10. Rich people constantly learn and grow. Poor people think they already know.
What do you think? Do you think like a millionaire?