10 Things You May Not Know About Me
1. I’m a huge UFC fan. It’s probably the only sport I follow. I like the strategy and skill involved. With the inclusion of women now for title fights, it makes it more exciting to watch! I want to see a live fight one day.
2. I play guitar and ukulele. And, I got to meet my guitar and ukulele idols – Lisa Loeb and Jake Shimabukuro, respectively. Wow!
3. I need to sleep at least 9 hours a day to feel well rested. I wish I could get away with less.
4. After my daughter was born, I developed multiple severe food allergies. And I had just moved to a new city. It was an isolating and difficult time because I was afraid to eat out or let someone else prepare my food. The good news is, I found a way to get better. Now I can eat everything again but I don’t feel the same way about food anymore. This experience inspired me to write 2 books – Eating Organic on a Budget and Eating Gluten-Free on a Budget.5. For almost a year, I didn’t eat sugar, wheat, dairy, or fruit. It was part of the strict diet that helped me heal from food allergies.
6. My degree is in Radio and TV Broadcasting. And yes, it’s a real major.
7. I was a wedding videographer for 5 years.
8. I am gluten-free and dairy-free most of the time.
9. It annoys me when people complain about their situation but don’t do anything to improve it. Complaining or blaming gets you nowhere.
10. I am passionate about all things related to natural health and holistic healing. Acupuncture, chiropractic work, and nutrition response testing helped me overcome a lot.
I am a wife, mother to a beautiful 3 year old girl, and founder and writer of this blog, which started in 2009.
The goal of Living Richly on a Budget is to find ways to make more money and save what you have and at the same time, be thankful for what you have.
It’s about turning obstacles into opportunities.
What does Living Richly mean?
To me, living richly means:
- Live a meaningful life that inspires others
- Take control of your money, not the other way around
- Live in abundance, not scarcity
- Have more than enough for savings, retirement, child’s college fund, and to own a home
Thank you for supporting me and reading this far. I really appreciate YOU as this blog would be nothing without you!
Please follow me on: