One of the easiest dishes that I make is this Shrimp Scampi Paella, made in the Instant Pot (a modern day pressure cooker). My husband says it’s the best thing I have ever made, like ever! He asks me to make this a lot.
And by easy, I mean there is little prep work and lots of throwing ingredients in. I have short cuts that I share in the video.
And then when you are done throwing in all the ingredients into the Instant Pot, you simply walk away and… wash your hair or catch up on some Netflix. When you return, you will be treated to a house full of an amazing aroma of cooked shrimp paella.
This dish tastes like it came straight from a fancy restaurant so go ahead and fool your hubby or dinner guests. Or pretend that you slaved all day in the kitchen making this. They won’t know and I won’t tell!
A word of caution: your kids may or may not like this dish as my 5 year old daughter doesn’t. But if they have sophisticated palettes, they might.
Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi Paella
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cloves crushed or chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch red pepper
- 1 pinch saffron or turmeric
- 1 pound frozen shrimp with shells on
- Throw all ingredients into the Instant Pot, leaving the frozen shrimp last and on top of other ingredients.
- Close lid, set to seal. Cook for 5 minutes on high pressure.
- When the timer goes off, do a quick release. Serve.