Do you love mocha but feel like it’s too hard to make? Or you need special equipment? What if I told you that you can make mocha at home, using tools you already have?
Mocha is one of my all time, favorite espresso drinks!
And once upon a time (before I had 2 kids), I made mocha by grinding gourmet espresso beans and brewing it in a moka pot. But now, as a busy and sleep deprived mom, I ain’t got no time for that!
So I came up with this super simple recipe that you can almost make in your sleep! And it uses common ingredients and needs no special tools.
Because we all know what waking up in the morning is like… you’re barely awake, much less barely alive (before coffee), stumbling into the kitchen, Walking Dead-style!
When you’re in this state, you’ll find yourself making this simple Double Chocolate Mocha recipe, time after time. Wait, did I just say double chocolate? Heck yeah!
This mocha is made with 2 kinds of chocolate because we all need to treat ourselves right! So take a moment and sip your mocha in the morning. Have that ME time! You deserve it!
And because you’re making this at home, you can have it every day, save money, and save a trip to the coffee shop.
Electric Frother: https://amzn.to/2JlcSPi
Other Coffeehouse Drinks to Make:
Double Chocolate Mocha
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 square dark chocolate baking bar OR 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder or instant coffee use a bold coffee for best results
- 1 – 2 tablespoon sugar
- Heat 1 cup of milk in a pan over medium heat.
- When the milk starts steaming, add cocoa powder and whisk until there are no lumps.
- Add chocolate from baking bar or chocolate chips.
- Then add the espresso powder and mix.
- Pour into a mug and add sugar to taste.